You can download the latest version of the PARP:PS database structure here.
I finally got around to altering the PARP:PS database to run on FileMaker Go almost as it ran on FMTouch. I added the iPad layouts to the main database and altered the opening script so that it now determines which type of device it is opening upon. If it is an iOS device, it opens to the iPad layout. If a desktop machine, it opens to the normal layout. I also had to add an extended privilege to the document so that leaving the FileMaker Go software doesn’t close out the database and force you to re-enter your password when you need to open it again.
I also started dealing with the changes I would have to make in order to sync several stand-alone databases from the tablets to the master database. Since records can be edited either in the trench on the tablets, or at the gate on the laptops, I need to have a mechanism in place to check for such a scenario and then ask for user input to determine what the final record should look like.
The first step was to create an audit trail. If you and open this version (Guest has full access to the database) you can watch this in action. Select New Window from the Window menu and change that layout from the layout menu to Admin->auditTrail. Now go to the first window and change anything in one of the fields. When you tab (or click) out of the field it will add a record to the auditTrail table where it will record the field, date, time, account name, what the field said, and what the field was changed to. This is done with a couple of simple scripts and script triggers. The scripts are activated whenever you enter and leave a field. The implementation of this took some time since I have a large number of layouts and had to apply the trigger to each necessary field so as not to miss any.
There are a bunch of other changes to the database, mostly things that ought to have happened before I made it public, but it is what it is. I removed some outdated or experimental tables, cleaned up some relationships, and made a more formal attempt at documenting the changes. There is also some dummy data added so you can better see how the database navigates and charts.
You can see the readme file included in the download for more details.